Friday, August 7, 2015

FALL Garden Flag

Hi everyone...Dawn here. I have to admit...here in AZ I think a lot of us look forward to Fall to escape the blazing heat...especially those in Phoenix I'm sure. I live in Northern AZ and we are about 10 degrees cooler.  I was just driving near Williams AZ and there are literally thousands of wild daisies blooming everywhere not to mention all the crows.  I took a hint from nature and created this Fall garden flag with sunflowers. 



I started off with a Linnie Blooms Garden flag. I used ink and a blending tool to make the pumpkins. You can use paint too but I wanted the canvas to remain flat without having to stop and iron it. 
                    I used a Sharpie marker to draw the lines and dot the pumpkins.
 I used the Linnie Blooms sunflowers...inked them orange and the sprayed them...along with the pumpkins...with Tattered Angels coral reef color. I LOVE how it added so much to them. The added some lines and dots with the Sharpie and a black button.
 I Stickled EVERYTHING...I love Stickles to add sparkle. I used the Diamond Stickles.  I used some floral wire to make the little squiggle things pumpkins have. And Linnie Blooms green ribbon added a little greenery along with Linnie Blooms leaves.
Oh I love my little sweet black crow...he turned out cute and sparkly. I used Linnie Blooms bird and a small leaf for his wing. 
 Close up of my blingy sunflowers.  For the FALL letters I stamped on some extra canvas I had and then cut out the letters...glued them on and added more bling. 

I also used some Lindy's spray in Tibetan Poppy Teal to the background blue...It activated the distress ink and gave it a watercolor look. 

My husband added the stick into the "pocket" and the wire to hang it.  I added an extra stick and the peach color Linnie Blooms ribbon.

Have a great day...and think FALL! 

God Bless,

~Dawn

1 comment: