Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Journal with Blooms

Hi,  it's Ann here today from the Linnie Bloom's Design Team and the blog: AnnMakes.  I  used a Home Decor Kit from Linnie Blooms:  Rustic  Journal to make  myself a portable watercolour journal to carry in my bag.


I used some Gelatos and some water to alter the natural canvas for the cover.  I also altered the house shape that comes in the kit to make a flap for the journal.


I used pink and gold gelato to colour the blooms and enhanced the centres with big black embroidery threaded knots. I later glued the flowers to the cover.


I finished the inside cover with some vintage dictionary pages and some Mod Podge.


I cut three sheets of watercolour paper into 6 pieces to make 12 pages in the journal.  I used a very simple book making method by making two holes through the papers and the canvas.






 I then used the piece of jute cord from the kit to bind everything together with a double knot.


I sewed a zig zag line on the house/flap.  I also stitched the flap to the journal back on my sewing machine.  I added small velcro to the cover and flap.

Finally to add some whimsy to the cover I used some stamps and Staz On ink for the Bee.

I hope that you are inspired to make your own personal piece with the lovely Linnie Bloom's Kits.

Supplies:
Linnie Blooms Rustic Journal Kit
Gelatos in blues, teal, green , bright pink, and gold by Faber Castell
Staz On black stamp ink by Tsukineko
Mod Podge by Plaid
"Buzzing Bees" stamps from Blue Moon Creations / Spiced Sunshine Stamps
Velcro from Multi Crafts
Dictionary papers from my stash
Water colour paper by Loes Cornell
Sewing thread by Coats and Clark
Aleene's Tacky Glue

Thank you for stopping by.  For more of my projects and how to's please stop at http://annmakes.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment