Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Natural Dryer


Hello, I m Ann from the Linnie Blooms Design Team and from the blog Annmakes.  Today I have my first project I made for The Linnie Blooms Blog.  I hope it inspires you to make something for your home.
                                                                           


This is the side door off my kitchen that leads outside where we have a clothes line strung from our house to one of the 100+ year old pines in our yard.  I made this whimsical sign as an ode to the warmer weather I hope will get here soon!

To make this I mostly used Linnie Blooms products:

Hoop Kit - Oval

To make this:
I sprayed the base canvas with some Tattered Angels Bahama Blue and let it dry.

Using a bleach pen and a tissue I removed some of the dye to create clouds.


I sprayed the two pennants (Trees) with another Tattered Angels spray in Chalk Board Green, and let those dry.
With the stamp that I  partially inked in black I stamped some faux stitches.  After I used a Green Sharpie marker to draw some grass.

The tree trunks are made from a stir stick which I broke into small pieces and coloured with a Brown Sharpie marker.

 I used a small piece of kitchen string to tie between the two sticks.

 With some glue I adhered the tree trunks, then the tree tops.  I cut out some little flowers from the Linnie Blooms notepad and glued those at the base of each tree.

 The clothes pin was glued in the same way.

I made a label with my Dymo label maker and adhered that to the bottom.

 Once all the items were glued and dried I assembled the canvas into the embroidery hoop and attached some ribbon with a bow to hang.

Other products used:

Beacon Fabri-Tac Adhesive
Sharpie Fine Point markers: Green & Brown
Dymo Label Maker and Dymo tape
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mistin: Chalboard Evergreen & Bahama Blue
Faber Castell Big Brush pen in Black
Piece of string
Wooden Coffee stir stick (recycled)

Thanks for coming over and have fun creating.

Ann from http://annmakes.blogspot.com

For Linnie Blooms http://linnieblooms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment