Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Vintage 4th of July Tag~July Challenge:Patriotism

Hi Friends! Abby here with ScrappinAbby and I have a super fun project to share with all of you for Linnie Bloom's July challenge~Patriotism. I don't know about all of you but I LOVE the 4th of July. My hubby's birthday is July 3rd so it's a weekend of celebrations in our family. 

For this challenge I created a vintage inspired tag using one of the FAB LB Canvas Flower pieces...
I also have a video that not only shows you the tag up close but I show you how I altered the flower and turned it into a Patriotic flower...

I wanted to mimic the stripes in the American Flag so I used a stencil from TCW and some red glimmer spray on the flower...
 Sorry...I didn't realize the photo was turned until it was too late...but you get the idea right?? : )

After drying the flower with my heat tool, I used one of my Distress Markers in Chipped Sapphire and inked around the edges....



I dried this thoroughly with my heat tool and then spritzed it lightly with some water. I wanted to crinkle the flower so it would have some added dimension and texture, so I once again used my heat tool and my tweezers and dried it in the crumpled shape...

I really like how this turned out...






This was such a fun tag to create and I love how the LB Canvas Flower really stands out and is the star of the tag. I'll be using this for sure amongst my 4th of July decorations for this years celebration. 

Be sure to stop by the Linnie Blooms store and pick up some of the amazing mixed stitch/canvas pieces for yourself. 

Thanks for stopping by the Linnie Blooms Blog today.

Happy Crafting & Happy 4th of July : )

4 comments: