Saturday, June 21, 2014

Friendship Mixed Media Tag

Hi Friends. It's Abby with ScrappinAbby and I'm back with another Linnie Blooms creation to share with all of you : )

I created a friendship tag using the bird canvas piece that I'm giving to a very good friend of mine....
I also have a video that shows you the project up close along with a tutorial on how I achieved the texture on the bird canvas piece...



I knew I wanted to use a stencil to create the background so I could create a base that I could build on....
For added texture...I used some Crackle Accents on the colored parts of the stenciling...here's a before photo...
And this is how it looked once it was dry...
I used a paintbrush and dipped it into my Lindy's spray so i could add more of the Tiffany Lou Blue to the edges of the canvas bird...
Once this was dry...I added some Creme Brulee Cream Lindy's spray and some gold paint by Smooch. This really added some extra texture and dimension to the canvas bird and I LOVE how it turned out...
Don't toss your scraps leftover from another project...I was able to use the last bit of the Linnie Blooms Burlap piece as additional texture and background for the tag :)
I am lovin how this tag turned out. You can create so many layers and textures with the canvas pieces from Linnie Blooms and they turn into a piece of art. 

Be sure to head to the Linnie Blooms Store and grab some of the canvas pieces & burlap so you can create your own piece or art. 

Thanks for stopping by the Linnie Blooms blog today and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project. 

Happy Crafting : )









 

5 comments:

  1. Very lovely, Abby! that bird is one of my first pieces of LB and I love it...you did a fantastic job layering and texturing "her" I'm sure your friend will treasure this pretty tag. It's beautimus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna...this was a fun tag to create : )

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tag! Love the spotted birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby your tag is beautiful!!! I can't wait to watch your video!! loves-Scrappinmadge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag! Loving being able to see how you make it!

    ReplyDelete