Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Retro Mini Album

The definition of Retro:

adjective
adjective: retro
  1. 1.
    imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.
    "retro 60s fashions"
noun
noun: retro
  1. 1.
    clothes or music whose style or design is imitative of those of the recent past.
    "a look that mixes Italian casual wear and American retro"
Most of us already  knew the definition of Retro, but that is not the Retro I am talking about for my post.  I am actually talking about a Mini Album for my 2 year old nephew named Retro. 
I am using a long blank, 2 small blanks, a star, and a bunch of misc. cardboard pieces, coasters, and pictures to assemble my mini album.  I wanted to make it a little grungy and messy... kind of like my nephew.  He struts himself around showing off his long messy curls and grungy 2 year old attitude. 
Here is a photo of the Linnie Blooms products I used.


Here are a few photos of the cover, inside pages, and what the side view of this chunky book looks like.









I totally love this mini album.. I still have tons of pages inside to play with.  All you need is a long blank and a few of the smaller blanks.. easy to do.  I actually have a Linnie Blooms tag and a few of the new feathers to still add to this.  I love that we can paint, distress, use stencils, and really mess up the canvas with any products.  No matter what we use we always create something new and unique.   Have you made a mini album yet?  Just think of all the possibilities.
Thank you for stopping by!
Linnie Blooms Design Team Member

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing little album…perfect for your Retro nephew! I've never heard that used as a name before and I LOVE it! You really showcased this album beautifully, Kimberly. Wonderful, talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing little mini book filled with plenty of detail...awesome! love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kimberly!...what a fun memory for your sweet nephew!

    ReplyDelete