Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Fun Camera Bag!

I bought this plain Donna Downey camera bag this winter with the plan to alter it!!  Every time I used it all plain looking, I would come up with grand plans of paint splashes and modeling paste shapes.  But when I pulled out my bucket of embellishments, of course, my Linnie Shapes JUMPED right out of at me.  They were perfect, I could color them up and match them to the colorful flowers that I had in the pile.  




It was play day at my local scrapbook store, so I packed up the bag and the embellishments and headed out.  The Linnie shapes are so versatile, they travel easily, the absorb spray so easily and the shapes are so pretty so I knew I could take them with me. In fact, these next few pictures were taken on my Ipod because I was working at the store - so excuse the quality!!

I sprayed up the butterflies with Dylusions and a stencil.



I glued them down with Helmar 450.

Before I glue them down, I always take a picture of what I have planned.  This is because I have the worst short term memory . . . and the minute I move them . . . I forget where they were placed!! So this is my tip for the day - take a picture when you think you have the plan ready to go!!  Then you can look at the picture for reference as you glue!! 

 And voila! I took the bag home, sat on the deck and took some pictures of my camera's much prettier home!!

Thank you so much for visiting Linnie Blooms today.  I hope I have inspired you to brighten up something that is just too plain!! Linnie Shapes make brightening up projects SO easy!!  Make sure to visit the Linnie Blooms Facebook page, the design team Pinterest page and come visit me at my blog too!!
-Karen


3 comments:

  1. This is just glorious, Karen! So perfect for your camera…LOVE the bright colors, just fabulous! Thanks for the photo tip as well…My short term memory is…what…what was I going to say?! Big smiles, this is a wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST Perfect!!!!!....I love how beautiful this came out!.....great job!

    ReplyDelete