Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mini Brag Book

Hello and Happy New Year!  I'm here today to share with you a mini brag book I created using Linnie Blooms Canvas Blanks.  This is a great mini album to display at your office desk that shows off pictures of your kids, or a display of various photos of a recent trip.

Let's get started:


For my canvas blank cover, I used molding paste and added antique linen ink to create this pattern using a stencil.  I also inserted two eyelets for binding the book together once completed.


I used various scraps of pattern paper left over from previous projects.  I layered and inked the stack before adding stitching around the edges.  Continue to add layers of your choosing before adhering them to the canvas blank.  Then add more texture atop your layers using a medium and your favorite stencil.

And VIOLA! The beginning of your mini brag book is created.


Continue to add layers of pattern paper, texture and pictures throughout your mini book.  Your book can be as large or small as you like.  This little mini probably won't be so mini once it's complete, as I like chunky pages full of mediums, inks and embellishments.  I will have a full detailed post on this mini brag book on my blog soon.

Have a super creative weekend!

Kisha

7 comments:

  1. Kisha! Brilliant - love that you made your square blanks a scrapbook cover!! So stealing this idea from you because I have a bunch of little square watercolors that I had no clue how to 'bind' together!! SO happy now!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this brag book Kisha! Such a good eye for detail and I love the layered effects you achieve using molding paste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just fabulous kisha. love your brag book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful book, Kisha! What a lovely way to preserve those memories in a hand crafted keepsake that will be treasured forever! Great job...

    ReplyDelete