Friday, December 27, 2013

Create a bloom

 
We are all playing with Linnie Blooms canvas flowers this week, and I had an idea to make a poinsettia, but the week got away from me and now it is 2 days past Christmas, so I decided the red poinsettia in my mind would become a winter poinsettia instead.

 
I started with the Linnie Blooms canvas sunflower, and snipped away every other petal.  I used five  Linnie Blooms canvas leaves added in as more petals.  To color these, I started by rubbing with white and sky blue vivid oil pastels (I was very random and didn't color the whole petal) and then went over it with Distress Stain Faded Jeans.  I outlined in Stickles and added some pearls for the center. 
 
 
At some point, in the middle of my creation, I decided this would be a great tag for this New Years Eve.  Thinking about New Years Eve made me think of confetti and so I quickly punched out some big dots, added a glittery 2014,  and I am already to dress up a bottle of wine.
 
 
Wishing you and your family
a very happy, healthy New Year...
one that tops 2013!

~Kelly

www.pinterest.com
 

1 comment:

  1. What a smashing idea…your winter poinsettia is gorgeous!! Love the blue and natural colors you used for your tag. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete