Thursday, August 29, 2013

Introducing Linnie Blooms Mixed Stitch


Last Friday I was a vendor at CREATE Mixed Media Retreat's Artist Vendor Faire.  My favorite thing that I did all evening was to educate people on my "Mixed Stitch" products.  The above project was created WITHOUT SEWING.  I absolutely LOVE the look of mixing fabric and paper.  The combination of me coming from a papercrafting background and loving the look of sewing but being less than good at sewing, I needed to create some products that allow me to get the look I want but are as easy for me to do as papercrafting.

Introducing Linnie Blooms Mixed Stitch.  My blanks and shapes make it so easy to create a project like the one above WITHOUT SEWING!  I started with one of my Linnie Blooms Long Blanks.
IMG_0468.JPG

My Long Blanks have cotton fabric on the back, recycled book paper inside and duck natural canvas on the front.  You can color the canvas with anything!  Acrylics, markers, sprays, gelatos, pastels, inks...ANYTHING!  Then, use some basic mixed media techniques like stamping, stencils, embossing, brayering, doodling, ANYTHING that you can do on paper, you can do on this canvas.

I colored my Linnie sunflower shapes with Faber-Casetell Gelatos and adhered them with Fabric Fusion adhesive.  I colored the Linnie Texture and leaf shapes with Gelatos and water, and attached those to the Long Blank using Tim Holtz' Tiny Attacher.  End result -- NO SEWING!  But it sure looks like I did!
IMG_0432.JPG      IMG_1009.JPG     IMG_0435.JPG

I hope you will checkout my Linnie Blanks and Shapes and give Mixed Stitch a try!  And, I'll let you in on a little secret...more Linnie products are going to be released very soon!!  Yay!!

Want to win a FREE Linnie Long Blank and Shapes to try it yourself?  Simply share this post either on your blog, facebook or tweet and leave me a comment here with your name and how you shared it.  You earn an entry into the raffle for every way you share!  I'll pick a winner MONDAY, LABOR DAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND.  Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of mixed stitch! And the long blanks are such a great size to work with - love them!

    ReplyDelete